Friday, October 23, 2009

From The City Of Auburn . . . EARTH Members Want To Move Sandbags?


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 23, 2009

Contact:
Sarah Miller, Emergency Preparedness Manager
City of Auburn
253-876-1925

Jerry Larson, Pastor
His Ministry
253-315-950

AUBURN , Wash. - October 23, 2009 - In cooperation with the City of Auburn , His Ministry, a local non-profit organization, will be coordinating delivery of sandbags to residents of the city of Auburn who are unable to physically move their own. Volunteers with suitable vehicles are also being sought to deliver the sandbags.

Those requesting sandbag delivery, along with those volunteering to make deliveries, should call His Ministry at 253-315-9570. His Ministry will then coordinate deliveries between residents and drivers.

Bags will continue to be available from the City of Auburn on a set schedule:

  • Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 12 p.m. until dusk.
    • Les Gove Community Campus, 910 Ninth St. SE. Sandbags will be located at the SE corner of the park, accessible from 12th St.
  • Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at two locations.
    • Les Gove Community Campus, 910 Ninth St. SE. Sandbags will be located at the SE corner of the park, accessible from 12th St .
    • Fulmer Field, 5th and K St. NE. Sandbags will be located in the parking lot.

Questions can be directed to City of Auburn Emergency Management at 253-876-1925 or to His Ministry at 253-315-9570.

# # #
City of Auburn
25 W Main St.
Auburn , WA 98001

4 comments:

SunTiger said...

Please realize, that while anyone volunteering will be doing the work under the guidance of the church organization . . . you will still have a chance to verbally suggest you are with EARTH (if you show up). I will personally be organizing one Sandbag stuffing site all day tomorrow. Perhaps we will get to work together!
~ Tami Jackson (SunTiger)

John Major said...

I want to donate money to the Food Bank. I like the idea of 1$ is turned into $5.
1. How do I donate to the Food Bank?
2. How do I make sure EARTH and Washington Pagans get credit for the donation?

In the past, the Food Bank of Seattle helped me when I was in need.

John H Major

Anonymous said...

Dear Suntiger,

First of all let me start off by thanking you for inviting me to this meeting; yesterday. I am blessed that I could arrange my schedule to accommodate the short notice and the hour it was held. Others, that I know wanted but couldn’t come, intentions are honored. I am excited for this opportunity to shine light upon the “Pagan community” in the flood-affected-region. It helps us to further the cause of gaining acceptance by the world at large.

The meeting was very informative, a good presentation by the city of Auburn and excellent audience participation. There is a real concern with this assembled group. I see the pagan community reaching out and bringing its resources to the aide of not only pagans but the entire community in the flood region by volunteer efforts in sandbagging and delivery, collection of necessity resources, counseling, and comforting, coordinated through the governments of the region. I was glad to meet Sarah from TERRA at the meeting. She also shares the same excitement in regards to bringing the pagan community to the table.

So lets all get on the same page and work together in bringing this potential disaster to a better outcome. Bringing the blessing of acceptance and inclusion to our community.
So Mote it be,

~ Jerry Pipitone

SunTiger said...

Thank you John for asking that question. I will definitely look into the food bank donation scenario and get back to you. I would also like to make a donation and have EARTH receive credit. So I'll start inquiring right away in that regard. Soon as I get all the info on how we can make it happen I'll make a posting on that topic.

Jerry Pipitone ~ Thank you very much for participating. Just you being there to show we as a group are physically willing to get involved in our community spoke volumes (and I felt utterly blessed by being able to sit with you). Thank you brother!